If you want to find out a printer IP address, you can try different methods for it. Basically, every printer contains a different IP address. Also, IP address depends on the type of printer. In addition, to know about the IP address you have to care about network access restrictions.
To find out the IP address of a printer, you have to go to the onboard printer menu. When you go to the onboard printer menu, you will see IP address of printer there. However the location of IP address can be different in every printer. If you don’t know how to determine the IP address of printer in your network you can use documentation of printer also. When you check the documentation of printer, you will get the correct menu screen in your network or device.
- You have to click on the button of Setup or Menu.
- If you want to go through the options of menu, try to use proper keys for the setup of a network. Then click on the Enter button.
- Then go to the network options which are available. Simply choose an option such as IP address, Wi-Fi Status. TCP/IP or Network Status.
- When you complete these steps, you will see the IP address will be given in the list.
What are BOOTP, Ether-Talk, DHCP and Manual?
Basically, to different network configurations you can be prompted in your printer if you are accessing network setup. Here are some common modes of printers which you should definitely know about.
- Ether-Talk: This is a very old way which utilizes for different printers. Also by using this method printers use Apple-Talk for communicating over Ethernet.
- Manual: This option works if you manually configure network settings of printer. When you use this option, you can add values through keyboard.
- DHCP: This is a default setting of a printer. Also, it the most common configuration of a printer. A printer can automatically get network settings which assigned and IP address is also included in it.
- BOOTP: This method is also very common configuration and working same like DHCP.
Windows Configuration – Find a IP Address for a Printer
The Windows properties are also useful to find out a IP address. As well as, you can also use Windows command prompt for this purpose.
- First of all, click on the Windows key and then write printer & scanners at search bar. Then click on the Enter button.
- There is a list of printer. You can find out the IP address of your required printer.
- Then tap on printer and choose Printer Properties option. You can also see the Location box for IP address.
- After that, at the Printer Properties press on the Ports tab. It is possible that IP address will be display there.
- If after trying every method you can’t get the IP address press on the button of Configure Port.
Windows Command Prompt
- Simply go to the Windows Command Prompt and open it.
- Then type net-start -r and click.
- There you can easily see how many devices are connected.
Access the Router – Find a IP Address for a Printer
You can find out the IP address from your router. You can easily know about the location of IP address from a router which is working in your home. For locate IP address through router, go to the setup menu of router.
- At first, open any web browser of your choice and the log in the router. Once you log in your router, in address bar type 192.168.1.1 and click on the Enter button.
- Then enter your username and password when prompt. You can also reset your credentials in case of forget your password or username.
- Go to the client list and search for any reference or DHCP Client Table after get access. You can find references at the section of Local Network. However, before try this step check out the manufacturer of your router.
- Then you can locate the IP address of your printer at the client list.